July 12, 2009

Back at it!

I took the past few days off from scrapping to spend some time with Dan. He actually had a few days off work in a row! We went to a wedding yesterday but other than that we pretty much just took it easy.

Wow have I been tired! I'm sleeping like 9 hours at night and then also taking a nap during the day! Our first ultrasound is a week from tomorrow and I just cannot wait! I am so looking forward to getting some much needed reassurance that everything is okay.

Anyhow today I was back at it and I put this together for a challenge at Scrapbook Doodle to create a layout using mostly Rusty Pickle product with the theme of "it happened last summer".


This little doll is my niece, Jillian, and seriously, could she possibly be any cuter???


My sister-in-law Cristie took this photo of Jillian and it seriously melts Dan's and my heart every time we look at it.


My favorite embellishment on this layout is that cute lollipop flower that I made with the coordinating paper. To fancy it up a bit, I painted the distressed edges of the flower with white paint and then added a bit of Diamond Stickles. The stem is simply part of a black Prima crystal flourish. I also "Stickled" the distressed edges of the leaves with both Diamond and Black Diamond Stickles.


I'll tell ya, if my child is even half as cute as any of my nieces/nephews we will be very lucky parents :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jcbaron99 said...

That is sure one CUTE baby! Where can I get one like that?
Love the layout and the distressed accents.

The Scrapbooking Factory said...

Great Layout Kris, and let me tell you your baby will be just as cute if not cuter!

Love your lollipop flower!

Jane

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS