March 3, 2013

A Ruby Rock-It Birthday Layout

My little girl turned 3 last week... here she is with her cake, candles and piggy tails with lots of beautiful Ruby Rock-It Cook collection goodies!


I included two embellishment clusters, each consisting of an odd number of items (7 in the left and 3 in the right), a design principle that I strive to stick to in everything I create. I positioned the "May all your dreams come true" sentiment diecut beneath the photo and between the embellishment clusters as a way to help all the pieces flow together.


Tucking some embellishments partially beneath the photo and some above it, and layering embellishments with foam squares, are just a couple of simple ways to build dimension on the layout without causing too much bulk.

The beautiful pink doily-like Cook diecut glitter cardstock comes with a solid pink edge around it, about 1/4-inch wide. While it's pretty, I decided that for this layout I wanted to remove that pink edge, so I used my precision scissors to cut it off. This left white edges around the "doily" which I lightly inked with brown ink.


I finished the layout off by adding some faux pearl detailing around the edge of the "doily" with my pearl pen.

If you'd like to see my supply list with links to the Ruby Rock-It products that I used, please visit the Ruby Rock-It blog.

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Beautiful your daughter & your layout! :)

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS