May 5, 2015

Adorable - My Creative Scrapbook May Main Kit

Hi, Blog Friends!

It's reveal day at My Creative Scrapbook kit club!

I had lots of fun working with the Main Kit this month, which features the gorgeous Crate Paper Confetti collection designed by Maggie Holmes.  The papers, ephemera pieces, and stickers are filled with gold accents and are just so pretty!


This is one of the layouts that I created with the kit.  I went with a white base on each of my projects this month... something that I rarely dabbled with until the past year or so.  In the past, I was all about layering patterned paper on top of patterned paper on top of patterned paper, and I hardly ever had any white showing.  But I gotta say, there's something about a crisp and clean white background that translates into free expression!  I really love the freedom to start with a "clean slate" and then customize the background to suit the photo.  I'm finding that my photos are much better at taking center stage when I have a white or relatively light background.
  

I've learned so much about background design from Christin Grønnslett.  One of the best tips that I've learned from her is prepping the white cardstock with clear gesso.  Then I started dropping mists... first some pink Color Shine from Heidi Swapp, which I spread out with a waterbrush to create a watercolor effect.  Once dry, I added drops of different shades of pink Lindy's Stamp Gang mists.  When that layer was dry, I dropped some blue Lindy's mist and some gold Heidi Swapp color shine.  I finished with some tiny splats of black mist.


With the background completed, I layered on some of the gorgeous Crate Paper Confetti goodies from the kit.


The kit includes several beautiful script words and phrases that make perfect titles!


I have a few more Main Kit projects to share in the next few days.

My Creative Scrapbook May Main Kit:

Did you know that there are several kits to choose from each month at My Creative Scrapbook?  Here are the other three kits... visit the Design Team Gallery to see what my teammates created with these kits!

My Creative Scrapbook May Creative Kit:

My Creative Scrapbook May Limited Edition Kit:

My Creative Scrapbook May Album Kit:

 My Creative Scrapbook is accepting new members!
Subscription information can be found at MyCreativeScrapbook.com.

1 comment:

Romy said...

This looks truly gorgeous! I just love your use of colours and the pretty gold accents.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS