August 29, 2015

Today - UmWowStudio

Hello friends!

I have a beach layout to share today inspired by the current mood board at Scrap Around the World.  It's really fun to play along with their challenges, so if you haven't tried it yet, I encourage you to check it out!

I'm featuring some wonderful chipboard, flair, and a stencil on this piece, all from UmWowStudio.


I love the circle confetti stencil!  First I used it with a pen to add some circles here and there on the background paper.  Then I used it with super heavy gesso to create bold white contrast and texture.  When dry, I added some shades of blue with Lundy's Stamp Gang sprays.


The chipboard pieces were terrific for my beach theme as-is in all their raw glory, but I did treat them with a coat of clear distress crackle paint for some fun detail and texture.  I think it makes the chipboard look kind of sandy, like the beach!


This fun piece of flair was the perfect finishing touch for my embellishment cluster.



What do you think of the pretty Maja Design papers?

UmWowStudio products used:
 Arrow Title Mash!
Circle Confetti Stencil
Oh The Places You'll Go Flair
Vintage Clock Face

other products:
patterned paper: Maja Design
flowers, button: Prima Marketing
sprays: Lindy's Stamp Gang
crackle paint: Ranger

Scrap Around the World August Mood Board
I was inspired by pretty much everything in this board!  The beach photo, the blue and tan colors, the sandy texture, the circle shape of the charm, and the overall tranquil feel.
(Click on the link to visit the challenge site)

6 comments:

Romy said...

Oh wow, your take on the mood board is just gorgeous! Amazing lay-out!

langeatheart said...

Oh Kris I love your work! Love the composition on this! Loving the nautical look! All the best from SATW! :)

JaMajka said...

Love the background and handwritten journaling <3 Thank You for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!

Tusia Lech said...

Beautiful layout!! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Cute page Kris ..love it !Thanks so much for joining us at SATW this month.

kate blue said...

beautiful-love your spin on the mood board Great focal point and love the teal with the kraft feel.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS