January 6, 2016

So Happy Together - My Creative Scrapbook

It's January kit reveal time at My Creative Scrapbook kit club.  I had the opportunity to work with the beautiful January Main Kit.

The kit features the Happy Place collection by Fancy Pants Designs!  There are lots of beautiful papers along with letter and number die cuts, brag cards, an ephemera pack, and buttons.  There's also a lovely Prima flowers vine, a package of Thickers, and ribbon... lots of fun parts and pieces to play with!

Here's one of the layouts that I made with the kit:



My family and I have been enjoying taking "family selfies".  While they're not always the most beautifully composed photos, I love taking them because they're really the only photos that we have with all 3 of us in them, and, they're usually fun snapshots with real emotion. The photo that I used on this layout was taken outside of a favorite burger place when the 3 of us were just goofing around. 


I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays from my stash to add coordinating color to my white background.


Whenever I use buttons on my pages, I always hear my friend Delaina Burns' voice in my head telling me that I need to thread my buttons!  She's right, threading the buttons really does add such positive detail.  But I often don't make the time to do that.  Here I threaded most of them, but you will see that I adhered the two smaller ones to the page in all their threadless glory.  I'm sorry Delaina! :)


I finally pulled my sewing machine back out so that I could get back into adding some machine-stitched detail to my pages, thanks to inspiration from Missy Whidden. As luck would have it, after the tiny bit of stitching shown in the closeup below, my machine broke... the thing inside that holds the bobbin literally came flying out in 3 separate pieces, and I have no clue how to re-assemble it correctly.  So, I used a fine point black sharpie to add some black detail around other areas of the page to balance out the black stitching.


Here's the My Creative Scrapbook January Main Kit:

Take a peek at MyCreativeScrapbook.com for details and purchasing information!

Thanks so much for visiting today!

2 comments:

Romy said...

This turned out super pretty! The buttons and twine make a really sweet finishing touch.

mosia said...

I love it!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS